Friday, June 10, 2011

I love really posi fan mail from really posi folks.

A wonderful person sent me this email today about my wonky paypal button, but really made me feel incredibly giddy:


paypal link on your blog not working?

it may just be my poor excuse for a laptop playing up but i am unable to click through to your paypal account via the link on your blogspot. what's the e-mail address it's linked to? i cannot pledge much but wanted to send what little i have (which will otherwise be squandered on a badly recorded hardcore band's tape or keychain depending on where the internet takes me next).

i hang out with my best friend's 12 year old sister regularly and, at her request, have slowly been exposing her to bands that have helped shape my character and explaining the reasons why.

i find, when talking about riot grrrl bands especially, your comics are a great tool to go alongside with this without confusing her with theory and big words, leaving room for her to draw her own conclusions and have fun while doing so (comics are cool!). so thank you for that. i'm bring her along to her first march tomorrow (slutwalk) and she has printed out your victim blaming comic and stuck it onto her banner :)


My response:

Hi ___!

Your message actually had me tear up a bit. I'm really, really happy that you think my work has made a difference. I am a big fan of making feminism more accessible, especially to young folks. I hope that both of you have a fuckin' rad time at Slutwalk, and I totally appreciate any kind of help you can offer! I realize the donate button on my site was actually locked, but I unlocked it and tested it so it should work now.

Thank you so much for your kind words. They really mean a lot to me. <3

In solidarity,
Suzy X

1 comment:

Levi A said...

The beautiful words and actions of beautiful people really make it so much easier not to get to caught up in some of more horrible things that go on. :) Thank you for sharing that!